Heavily referenced sequences

Marc LeBrun mlb at fxpt.com
Thu May 18 00:11:10 CEST 2006

 >=franktaw at netscape.net

 > 7. A007088 (293 references) Numbers written in base 2.
 > I would vote no on this one.  Should it have the base keyword?

I agree with "no", and that it should have the base keyword.

It might be nice if a comment was added mentioning that this
sequence is 2[n]10 in the "rebase" notation explained in other
entires in the OEIS.

 > 8. A006530 (292 references) Largest prime dividing n (with a(1) = 1).
 > Probably not.
 > 25. A020639 (175 references) Lpf(n): least prime dividing n (a(1)=1).
 > No.

I'd tend to consider these fairly fundamental.  But then it's not clear
what "core" means anyway (although it's at least not as confused as "base"!)

 > 12. A000796(239 references) Decimal expansion of Pi.
 > I'm inclined to think that this and A001113 (Decimal expansion of
e) should be core sequences.

I don't find the random encryption of interesting numbers into
decimal and their subsequent
explosion into a sequence of digits in any sense "core", but...your
tastes may differ.

However these should certainly have the "base" keyword added.

BTW, the search "decimal" -keyword:base currently returns 4403 hits,
with "binary" it's 2637.

Another suggestion: it would be good if all the superseeker
transforms of all the "core"
sequences could be generated and any missing ones added to the
OEIS.  That is, the OEIS would
contain the entire "distance-1 superseeker neighborhood" of the core group.

It would furthermore be interesting to know which sequences were the
transforms of more than
one core sequence, even more so if they are currently missing.