What is A007835?

Frank Ruskey ruskey at cs.uvic.ca
Thu May 18 07:52:33 CEST 2006

I would caution against using "oriented tree" for this
concept since various authors (e.g., Knuth) use
oriented tree to mean "rooted tree".  Other terms
that have been used in the literature for the
tree-with-edges-oriented-in-various-directions concept
include "acyclic poset" (note: different than "cycle-free poset")
and "totally acyclic digraph".
I would guess that "signed tree" (in the spirit of
signed graphs) has also been used, but I don't have a reference.
In the poset case, the meaning is that the Hasse diagram
regarded as a graph (with directions ignored) is acyclic
(and connected is also usually assumed).
Cheers,
-Frank

--
Frank Ruskey         e-mail: (last_name)(AT)cs(DOT)uvic(DOT)ca