finding if first number

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sun May 28 20:06:53 CEST 2006

As I have pointed out before, searching for something at the beginning
of a sequence is problematic.  It is often rather arbitrary whether an
initial 0 (or 1) is present at the beginning of a sequence.  So you
will find or not find a sequence based on this arbitrary decision.

If you tie it in with the "first" index in the database (second item on
the offset line, normally the index of the first value not 0 or 1),
such a search might be of some use.  At least, that's my opinion.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters