querying multidimensional sequences in OEIS

Max A. maxale at gmail.com
Tue Nov 7 23:49:04 CET 2006

On 11/3/06, franktaw at netscape.net <franktaw at netscape.net> wrote:

> In the following, b(i), i = 1..k is the finite sequence.  I'm starting
> all these
> sequences with the empty sequence, but I searched for them without
> that first term.  All are shown here in A066099 order.

What is good about this order comparing, say, to the prime
factorization order suggested by Marc?

I would vote for having a standard way to represent such sequences in
OEIS (well documented there, and maybe even having a dedicated
keyword). That is important when one come up with a multidimensional
sequence and want to query it in OEIS. Then it will be enough for
him/her to encode the sequence in the standard way and make a single
query.

Of course, there are many representations possible but one of them
should be called "standard", and every multidimensional sequence
should have this standard representation (among maybe others) in OEIS.

Neil, does that sound reasonable?

Regards,
Max