practical numbers

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Mon Nov 27 18:30:31 CET 2006

Assuming Franklin's observation to be correct, why not

%C A005153 Also, n such that all k <= n are sums of distinct divisors of n.

Some poorly-thought-out questions before I head off to work:

Are there not-quite-practical numbers, that is, numbers such that n-1 is the
only number < n which is not the sum of distinct divisors of n?

If not, is there some interesting bound f(n) < n such that if all k <= f(n)
are sums of distinct divisors of n, then n is also a sum of distinct
divisors of n?