querying multidimensional sequences in OEIS

Max A. maxale at gmail.com
Fri Nov 3 23:02:04 CET 2006

On 11/3/06, Marc LeBrun <mlb at well.com> wrote:
>  > I have a number of multidimensional sequences in mind that I'd like to
>  > see in OEIS.  E.g.: the coefficients of incomplete Bell polynomials:
>
> Two possible ways to submit sequences of tuples T(1),T(2),...
> where T(i)=[T(i,1),T(i,2),...] are:
>
> A. Define a traversal order by a map (i,j) <--> n and set a(n) = T(i,j).
> This gives the tabl/tabf style of entry.
>
> B. Encode each tuple as a single number, say by using it as factor
> exponents:  T(i) --> 2^T(i,1) * 3^T(i,2) * 5^T(i,3) *...

As I understand, A is applicable only to the cases where the dimension
of tuples is fixed while B is perfectly fine for tuples with variable
dimensions (what I'm currently interested in).

> For example, for Pascal's triangle
>
> A: 1; 1, 1; 1, 2, 1; 1, 3, 3, 1;...
>
> B: 2, 6,    90,      47250,...

Does B apply to Pascal triangle?
The 5-th term corresponds to the tuple [0,0,5], what it is in Pascal triangle?

Max