New twist(?) on old point-counting problem

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Sat Oct 28 22:39:06 CEST 2006

"Indeed, miracously, this backward difference scheme seems also to work for S_4(x)"

Sometimes, when we are presented with some new idea in the absence of the path of reasoning that led to it, the idea might seem miraculous. And so it is in this case. I have background information that should demystify it somewhat, the practical limitations of my present trying life don't give me all the time I would like to present these matters. I would love to have the time and money to get the right tools to create proper manuscripts, but I don't. Even now, I have to get ready to go to work. As soon as time permits, I will show you the track of reasoning that led to this triangle of numbers. It is really nothing miraculous.