A123396: prime case

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Mon Oct 16 18:03:37 CEST 2006

I knew I should have spelled that out in more detail.

Yes, if you have them available in the domain where you are
working, the max of the empty set is is -infinity, and the min
is infinity.  Or, generally, bottom and top for a partial ordering.

However, for the OEIS, the domain is the integers, and
infinities are NOT available - Neil will not accept a sequence
with "infinity" as one of the terms.  So, for the OEIS, min and
max of the empty set are undefined, and you should specify
what value you want to use if such an expression can occur
in your sequence definition or formula.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters