duplicate hunting cont., pt. 5

Andrew Plewe aplewe at sbcglobal.net
Wed Apr 25 22:41:36 CEST 2007

same, I just don't always know how to logically make the connection.
	-Andrew Plewe-
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2007 19:53:49 -0700
From: "Joshua Zucker" <joshua.zucker at gmail.com>
To: "Andrew Plewe" <aplewe at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: Re: duplicate hunting cont., pt. 5
Cc: seqfan at ext.jussieu.fr

On 4/25/07, Andrew Plewe <aplewe at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Possibly or probably the same:
>
> A059548 and A064720

If my arithmetic is good, these constants (whose Beatty sequences
these are) differ by about 1 part in 1400 or so, so the sequences will
differ after about the 1400th term.

At first I thought there should be some reason why the constants are
the same, but now I think one has to do with cos(ln 3) while the other
just has ln(3).  That is, they are almost the same sequence just
because 1/(2*cos(ln 3)) happens to be very close to ln 3.

> A080755 and A120755

A120755 seems like it should include all integers; fractional part <
1.414 is automatic, right?

The definitions sure SOUND related (but not identical: it'll take some
work to prove that they're the same), but obviously I don't understand
the A120755 definition.

> A089136 and A092965

A089136 - keyword base??

The two definitions look similar but A089136 sure is harder to understand.

--Joshua Zucker