Duplicate hunting

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Wed Apr 11 11:36:30 CEST 2007

When I ran through Georg Cantor's works in search for something,
I came across the following sequence, called Phi(n):

      Phi:  1, 2, 4, 24, 196, 2016, 24976, ...

This is to be found inmidst of recursive formulas, which I did not
understand immediately but from their "architecture" I would not be
astonished if there was more than accidental match with this sequence:

A101370 Number of zero-one matrices with n ones and no zero rows or columns.

And if that be so, then it would be worth a comment, wouldn't ist?
The comment then could be:

Georg Cantor
"Gesammelte Abhandlungen mathematischen und philosophischen Inhalts", p. 435
(IV, 4. Mitteilungen zur Lehre vom Transfiniten, VIII Nr. 13)
ISBN 3-540-09849-6 Berlin, Heidelberg, New York
ISBN 0-387-09849-6 New York, Heidelberg, Berlin

May I just give this hint without further checking? I feel a bit scary
about running through all these formulas, despite the fun it might
possibly bring.

And how about formatting the reference? Does it make sense to provide
both these ISBN numbers?

Best regards,
Rainer Rosenthal
r.rosenthal at web.de

Looks like a server move by my IP provider caused some breakage that may
have resulted in a lot of bounce messages.

Apologies for any inconvenience; it should be fixed now.

Hugo