Permutations

Gordon Royle gordon at csse.uwa.edu.au
Fri Aug 17 05:24:50 CEST 2007

The largest single term grows as 3^(1/3) - see A000792.  Whereas the
limit ratio of the number of terms - that is, the partition function,
A000041 - is 1.  So if the limit exists, it must be 3^(1/3).

This doesn't actually prove that the limit ratio is 3^(1/3); it could
oscillate around this value (as A000792 does).  While I don't off hand
see how to complete the proof, both my intuition and the empirical
evidence suggest that this limit does exist.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters