To extend A018216 Maximal number of subgroups in a group with n elements

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Sun Dec 2 04:16:21 CET 2007

Whoops!  Those are just the small Abelian groups.  Once gets anothersequence for the nonabelian groups.
We have (skipping the 0 rows, since for example  S_3 is the smallestnon-abelian group):
n  a(n)  explanation6  6       S_3 = Dih3 has Z_3 , and 3 of Z_28  6       Q_8 = Dic2 	has 3 of Z_4, and Z_210  22     Dih_5 has Z_5, and 5 of Z_2;             Dih_6 = Dih_3 X Z_2 has Z_6, 2 of Dih_3 ,             3 of Z_2^2, Z_3, and 7 of Z_212 16    A_4 has Z_2^2 , 4 of Z_3, and 3 of Z_2;             Dic_3 = Z_3 ⋊ Z_4 	has Z_2, Z_3, 3 of Z_4, Z_6etc.
Maybe the seq that sums the Abelian and nonabelian should be included.
The references would be to Small groups library.
The group theoretical computer algebra system GAP contains the "SmallGroups library" which provides access to descriptions of the groups of"small" order. The groups are listed up to isomorphism. At present,the library contains the following groups:
    (1) those of order at most 2000 except for order 1024 (423 164 062groups, the ones of order 1024 had to be skipped, there are alone 49487 365 422 (up to isomorphism) 2-groups of order 1024.);    (2) those of order 5^5 and 7^4 (92 groups);    (3) those of order q^n * p where q^n divides 2^8, 3^6, 5^5 or 7^4and p is an arbitrary prime which differs from q;    (4) those whose order factorizes into at most 3 primes.
It contains explicit descriptions of the available groups in computerreadable format.
The library has been constructed and prepared by Hans Ulrich Besche,Bettina Eick and Eamonn O'Brien; seehttp://www.tu-bs.de/~hubesche/small.html .

Dear Friends,

I am getting swamped by sequences that are of little interest.
Please stop!

If the sequences is important, then certainly submit it.

But if it is something that you have just made up, then
please reconsider if it is really worth including.

I have only a finite amount of time for working on the OEIS.

I do have a job.

So please show some restraint.

Thank you

Neil Sloane

PS I have made this appeal before.  From now on, sequences
that seem arbitrary will be deleted without comment.