Ternary analogue of A094913?

Maximilian Hasler maximilian.hasler at gmail.com
Tue Dec 11 18:55:03 CET 2007

On Dec 11, 2007 1:35 PM, Jonathan Post <jvospost3 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Excellent work, Maximilian, Giovanni, Neil!

thanks

> "Every word begins and ends with the empty word.
> The empty word begins and ends with itself."

oops, this would cause problems on computers (infinite recursion) ;-)

> Giovanni's lexicographically first examples begin with substrings of
> zeros, which would be removed by OEIS default notation, so what are
> the first examples of each maximum which do not begin with 0?

this is no problem since the "example" sequence itself is not in OEIS.
(and the number of digits is known to be n).
anyway, the digits don't have any meaning ; you can use any
permutation of [0,1,2] instead of [0,1,2]. (e.g. 0->1->2->0 as you
did)

> What  Maximilian found, after correctly adding the empty words, that
> relates this function to the ratio of symmetric functions on primes is
> very nice.  I'm not clear on A077168, but if so, then my innocent

no, the sequence A077168 has indeed other terms, the mentioned error
is relevant only later in the sequence but not for the first
"diverging" term (I think)

Regards,
Maximilian