Problems with A000028/A000379.

T. D. Noe noe at sspectra.com
Thu Dec 20 08:21:54 CET 2007

On Dec 19, 2007 11:06 PM, T. D. Noe <noe at sspectra.com> wrote:

> Although I do not have the Lambek/Moser paper, but I did read Roberts'
> "Lure of the Integers", which discusses the results of the Lambek/Moser
> paper.  Roberts says that splitting the integers based on the infinitary
> Moebius function leads the two sequences with the "amazing" property.
> Hence, the comments in A000028/A000379 should really be in A064175/A064176.

A while ago I suggested Neil to move 1 over to A000028 to make its
definition more natural. And the "amazing property" was the major
reason to keep A000028/A000379 intact. Instead these new simplified
variants were added as A131180/A131181.

If A000028/A000379 in reality do not possess the "amazing property",
then I suggest to replace these sequences with A131180/A131181 and
remove the latter pair.

Regards,
Max