Help extending sequence: Partition of n into constant-spaced integers

Andrew Plewe aplewe at sbcglobal.net
Mon Feb 5 15:41:28 CET 2007

Ah, I see what I was doing wrong and hence why my search didn't turn up
anything. Thanks!

    -Andrew Plewe-

William Rex Marshall wrote:
> From: "Andrew Plewe"
>

>> I propose the following sequence: the number of partitions of n into
>> constant-spaced integers. For example, 14 has (as I count them) 10
>> partitions:
>>
>> 7.6.5.4..3..2..1
>> 7.8.9.10.11.12.13
>>
>> 2 2 2 2 2 2 2
>>
>> 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
>>
>> 5
>> 4
>> 3
>> 2
>>
>> I'm currently figuring out the sequence by hand, if anyone wants to
>> extend it or write a program to generate it then that'd be most
>> appreciated. So far I've worked out the first 15 terms:
>>
>> 1, 1, 2, 3, 3, 6, 4, 6, 4, 7, 6, 12, 7, 10, 15
>>

> I think your hand-figuring contains errors. First term should be 0. 9th term should be 8:
>
> {1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1}
> {3,3,3}
> {1,3,5}
> {2,3,4}
> {1,8}
> {2,7}
> {3,6}
> {4,5}
>
> The correct sequence should be http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/A049990.

Because of the cold weather, the cooling system
had trouble yesterday (!), and someone shut down
all the computers.
Things seem to be up now.
Apologies
Neil

PS A separate matter:  someone tells me he has been getting
hundreds of emails, apparently coming from me, with the
help file for the email servers  sequences at research.att.com
and superseeker at research.att.com .   This is triggered
by someone sending in an email message to those addresses
which is not formatted correctly.  Yet my log files
in fact coming from my machine.  Has anyone else
experienced this problem?