Q. about {0,1}-matrices.

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Sun Jan 7 00:50:01 CET 2007

I didn't do anything like that since I decided in advanced that I
wouldn't spend more than 15 mins programming (given that I had a
determinant function already).

However, you are right. I guess that those 2224232640 robust
matrices of order 6 lie in slightly fewer than 200,000 equivalence
classes. The actual value is the number of equivalence classes of
nonsingular 0-1 matrices of order 6 - I can't find that sequence
in OEIS, is it there?

That would reduce the time for a(7) to a few hours at most.
The number of equivalence classes for order 7 would be about
25 million or so; still (just) within the feasible range.

Incidentally, the definition of A006383 (Number of equivalence
classes of n X n binary matrices when S_n acts independently on the
rows and columns) seems to be the same as the definition of A002724
(Number of inequivalent n X n binary matrices, where equivalence
means permutations of rows and/or columns) but the numbers are
different - what gives?  A002724 is the one that seems to have
values fitting the definition.

Brendan.

* N. J. A. Sloane <njas at research.att.com> [070107 10:50]: