Various OEIS items, Jan 23 2007

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Tue Jan 23 21:02:34 CET 2007

Hi folks,
Does anyone have more recent references for topswops (A000375 and A000376)?

In particular I'd like to do some work on improving the lower bounds
for larger n by actually constructing examples that reach the lower
bounds.  And if there are tight enough upper bounds, maybe I can even
reach them!  But the best references I've found leave a HUGE gap
between the lower and upper bounds.

Anyway, if anyone knows the state of the art on lower bounds for n
beyond those given in the sequences, I'd love to hear about it.

Thanks,
--Joshua Zucker