[Fwd: SEQ FROM Peter Pein]

Joerg Arndt arndt at jjj.de
Fri Jul 27 17:40:29 CEST 2007

While preparing to submit to OEIS the decimal digits of two constant
used in the Ramanujan-Lodge Harmonic Number approximation and the
DeTemple-Wang Harmonic Number approximation, I ran into trouble.

I must be doing something really stupid.

Both the low-res Google calculator and the high-res WIMS calculator tell me that

((12 * gamma) - 11 - (12 * ln(2))) / (1 - gamma - ln(2^0.5)) = -162.5909

where gamma is Euler's constant.

But Theorem 6 of the arXiv citation, formula (1.13), page 6, insists
that this constant is roughly 1.12150934.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/0707.3950
    Title: Ramanujan's Harmonic Number Expansion into NegativePowers
of a Triangular Number
    Authors: Mark B. Villarino
    Comments: sharp error estimates and general formulas for
Ramanujan's harmonic number expansion
    Subjects: Classical Analysis and ODEs (math.CA); General
Mathematics (math.GM)

    An algebraic transformation of the DeTemple-Wang half-integer
approximation to the harmonic series produces the general formula and
error estimate for the Ramanujan expansion for the nth harmonic number
into negative powers of the nth triangular number. We also discuss the
history of the Ramanujan expansion for the nth harmonic number as well
as sharp estimates of its accuracy, with complete proofs, and we
compare it with other approximative formulas.

As Harminic numbers and Ramanujan appear to popular on EIS, may I ask
for someone to help me in my befuddlement?