Would this web site idea, if desirable, be easy to implement?

jonscho at hiwaay.net jonscho at hiwaay.net
Fri Jun 15 00:37:23 CEST 2007

(Please accept my apologies if this is received twice --
I ran into an error trying to send it.)

(Neil -- if the following seems like a bad idea, I'll gladly
retract the question and not bring it up again.)  :-)

Russ,

Here's an idea I thought I'd ask about, if you have a moment
and might be the person to ask:

I fairly often do searches of the OEIS that turn up a few
dozen results.

E.g., just now, I went to

    http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/index.html

and entered

    keyword:uned keyword:new

in the Search box, and I got 96 results.  As I scroll down
the page displaying results 1-10 and reach the bottom and
want to see the next page, I go to the page links (labeled
"2" through "10"), and click on the "2" to see the next page;
after scrolling to the bottom of that one, I need to click on
the "3", etc.  On my monitor, those links are kinda small,
and it's easy for me to click the wrong one ....  :-(

Would it be a fairly quick & easy thing to do -- if it were
decided that it would be worthwhile -- to add a larger "Next"
link, maybe to the right of the last numbered page link?  I'm
thinking of something along the lines of the page links at
the bottom of a page of Google search results ... with a set
of numbered page links, preceded by a larger "Previous" link
(if the current page isn't page 1) and followed by a larger
"Next" link (if the current page isn't the last).

Would this be easy to do, if Neil were to decide it would be
a worthwhile change?

Thanks,

-- Jon

[... snip ...]
> i am (very slowly) working on a new
> method for submitting comments
> that will address this and hopefully
> make neil's life easier.  but it will
> not be ready until after the summer.
>
> russ

Jon,  we had to work quite hard to get the OEIS
pages to both look nice and to be compatible
with all the browsers out there in hyperpsace

I think that's why those numbers are tiny.  It's
not a big deal, and probably not worth Russ's
time to fix.

He is VERY busy with non OEIS matters!

Neil