Hofstadter-like sequences

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Sun Jun 17 21:12:36 CEST 2007

I don't quite see my way to a proof, but it appears to me that 1 and 2
are the only cases that converge.  As soon as you have a difference
other than at the very beginning, it makes a difference again further
on.

Of course, we need not confine our attention to single numbers starting
the sequence.  For example, we could start with 1 4:

1 4 6 11 18
 3 2 5  7

Franklin T. Adams-Watters