Permutations of the positive integers

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Sun Jun 17 22:34:54 CEST 2007

There is two known objects related to the trace t that you may find helpful.

First is an inversion vector of p that equals to the vector t with
every element decreased by 1.
See http://mathworld.wolfram.com/InversionVector.html

Second is an inversion table of p that can be obtained by applying the
permutation p to the inversion vector.
See http://www.liafa.jussieu.fr/~rossin/Enseignement/MPRI/Cours1/index.php#htoc2

Max