decomposition of primes : pgm in assembly

reismann at free.fr reismann at free.fr
Fri Mar 2 17:51:17 CET 2007

Dear Seqfans,

My friend, Fabien Sibenaler has written a program in assembly who gives the
decomposition of the prime number you enter.
prime(n) = weight * level + gap,
or A000040(n) = A117078(n) * A117563(n) + A001223(n).
Run on Windows, tested up to 948895995818594437 in 4622 sec.
The zip file contains the source code (.asm), the exe and a "read-me" file.
http://reismann.free.fr/download/class_asm.zip
or on the "Downloads" page :
http://reismann.free.fr/telechargements.php

The algorithm is in the same spirit as the Java program, the primality test in
less. The calculation of the decomposition for the levels 1 is thus a little bit
long. We are studying a new algorithm closer to a sieve.
Best,

Rémi

Can anyone help here?
Neil

 From P.J.Larcombe at Derby.ac.uk  Fri Mar  2 10:08:09 2007

Neil,=20

I have a query you may be able to help with. I'm looking for sequences
whose O.G.F.=20

Fibonnaci),=20

but playing around trying to find some other using the O.E.I.S. is
proving difficult - I need=20

as many as I can to test some code on, then I need to move on to cubics,
etc.=20

=20

Question:=20

Is there a listing anywhere of=20

Sequences whose O.G.F. satisfies a QUADRATIC=20

Sequences whose O.G.F. satisfies a CUBIC

etc., =20

=20

or, failing that, could you (with your vast knowledge) suggest any
others to keep me=20

going (or could you suggest anyone else who might know about this).=20