Functional Puzzle

Paul D. Hanna pauldhanna at juno.com
Fri Mar 9 00:58:16 CET 2007

Seqfans,
     Here is nice problem that may interest you:
Find the unique integer function A(x) that satisfies:
A = 1 + xAB
B = 1 + xABC
C = 1 + xABCD
D = 1 + xABCDE
E = 1 + xABCDEF
F = 1 + xABCDEFG
The above nested relation continues on to infinity,
where B(x), C(x), D(x), ... are also integer functions.

If my answer is correct, the solution to A is quite unexpected,
and is in the OEIS as one of Christian Bower's nice sequences.
But I would like someone to confirm my results.

The complete answer would make for a nice rectangular table
where the coefficients of each function A,B,C,... form the rows.

Thanks,
      Paul