mystery sequence (easy?)

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Fri Mar 16 08:09:34 CET 2007

Jonathan, Neil,
In programming, Russian word "massiv" means "array". As in thedescription of A109636 "massiv" is referred to a pair of indices, itseems to be a 2-dimensional array, or simply a table. But this doesnot help much to understand the whole sentence.I will ask the author to explain me in Russian what he really meant.
Regards,Max
On 3/15/07, Jonathan Post <jvospost3 at gmail.com> wrote:> I dropped out of Russian at Caltech, but vaguely recall that> "massívnyj" means "solid" in the sense of "Large, massive" which is> almost a synonym for "krúpnyj" -- someone who speaks Russian would be> more help.>> The other approach is to ask RGWv and Ray Chandler, as the most expert> with k-almost primes.  Without their leadership, I'd have accomplished> nothing in that area.>> I can't figure out the "binary splitting" mystery sequence A126119 either.>>