"More" Sequences: was Re: Duplicate hunting

Leroy Quet qq-quet at mindspring.com
Fri May 11 18:53:17 CEST 2007

--- "N. J. A. Sloane" <njas at research.att.com> wrote:

> Very important:  when you look up a sequence to
> see if it is in the OEIS,
>
> leave off the first couple of terms  (because people
> may choose
> a different start)
>
> and
>
> don't enter too many terms  (if you have more than
> are in the OEIS, you won't get a match unless
> you use Superseeker)
>

> It says this in the "hints".
>

> Neil

Me:
Also we read in "hints":

http://www.research.att.com/~njas/sequences/hints.html

 "If your sequence has an obvious common factor (e.g.
2 6 12 20 30 42 ...) try dividing it out and look up 1
3 6 10 15 21 instead."

In view of this, shouldn't we remove, e.g.,

A097697 = A049422/2, and
A083022 = A028873/2
?!
I see in OEIS many sequences  of the forms
A1 -/+ const, A1/const, A1*const, etc.

Though, sure, some of them may be of (some) essence.
Zak