duplicate names

mathoflove-seqfan at yahoo.com mathoflove-seqfan at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 10 19:10:46 CET 2007

Hi, it bothers me when I see two sequences that are different, but the
descriptions are exactly the same. Can someone clarify these sequences?

A005307
	Bosonic string states.
A005308
	Bosonic string states.

A005309
	Fermionic string states.
A005310
	Fermionic string states.

You said:
Hi, it bothers me when I see two sequences that are different, but the
descriptions are exactly the same. Can someone clarify these sequences?

A005307
A005308

A005309
A005310

usually fairly obscure sequences.  You are supposed to
imagine a comment (that nowadays I always add) that says:
Please see the reference for precise definition.

Why are they in the OEIS?  So that if you
come across them in your work, you
will find a pointer to the literature.  And this
is something that if you actually did come
across them in your work, you might be VERY grateful for.

But since you bring this up, perhaps you could track down
the precise definitions yourself - I would certainly
like better definitions for these sequences!

Neil