Fwd: MathSciNet, MSC 2010 - Section 05

Olivier Gerard olivier.gerard at gmail.com
Thu Oct 18 22:17:34 CEST 2007

Hello,

I believe many seqfan members may have suggestions or opinions
on this matter.

Olivier

==========================

From: Jerry Grossman <grossman at oakland.edu>
Date: Oct 18, 2007 5:37 PM
Subject: MathSciNet, MSC 2010

To the discrete mathematics community:

I am currently handling the Combinatorics section (05) at Mathematical
Reviews (while on sabbatical from my university job).  As you may know, we
are in the process of revising the Mathematics Subject Classification
(MSC), which we do every ten years, to make it more accurate and useful.
We need your input.

Please take a look at the current classifications (http://www.ams.org/msc)
and think about how they can be improved.  You might want to do this while
browsing MathSciNet (http://www.ams.org/mathscinet/search.html) to see how
various papers are being classified.  (Each paper gets a primary and zero
or more secondary classifications.)  You may send your comments,
questions, and suggestions directly to me at jwg at ams.org, or (better) you
may use the feedback form on the MSC Web page.

Feel free to pass this message on to other groups or individuals who might
be interested.  The more input we get, the better, so please discuss this
with your colleagues and share your ideas with us.

Thanks!

best regards,
jerry
--
   Jerrold W. Grossman, Professor             VOICE:   (248) 370-3443
   Department of Mathematics and Statistics   FAX:     (248) 370-4184
   Rochester, MI  48309-4485                  E-MAIL:  grossman at oakland.edu
                           WEB:  http://personalwebs.oakland.edu/~grossman/