Searching for equations

Andrew Plewe aplewe at sbcglobal.net
Tue Oct 23 18:01:44 CEST 2007

Thanks everyone for the replies. I like Google because it searches ps
and pdf files (and I've found a number of useful papers that way), but
there isn't an escape character (that I know of, anyway) which will
treat symbols such as + and - as literal characters. Do any of the other
search engines do this? One route is searching Math ML marked text. The
other would be doing literal searches for ASCII-formatted equations. I
think between those two methods I can get relatively decent results.

	-Andrew Plewe-