{Spam?} A105875 = A105899

Don Reble djr at nk.ca
Sat Sep 15 08:59:59 CEST 2007

Andrew, seqfans:

> %N A105875 Primes for which -3 is a primitive root.
> %C A105875 When (if ever) does this differ from A105899?
>            - Andrew Plewe, Jul 23 2007
>
> %N A105899 Primes for which -27 is a primitive root.

    -27 = (-3)^3, so -27 is a primitive root just when
        -3 is a primitive root, and
        the prime is not 3k+1.
    Now, if -3 is a primitive root, then -3 is not a quadratic residue,
    and so the prime is not 3k+1. The first condition implies the
    second, and the sequences are identical.

Don Reble  djr at nk.ca

believed to be clean.

I'm back from my trip.  I've more or less caught up
on new sequences.  I have several hundred "Comments"

Don't ever send me email with  .dat  or  .zip  attachements.

Such messages get rejected for security reasons.
That's why David Wilson had trouble sending me mail.

I am afraid I misspelt Stefan Steinerberger's name in a message
that I sent just before I left - apologies.

I am in the middle of a big batch of updates.  There will
be a new version of the OEIS by tomorrow night, I hope.

Thanks as always to everyone who has contributed sequences,
comments and edits.

Best regards

Neil