General dating of sequences

David Wilson davidwwilson at comcast.net
Tue Sep 25 04:06:29 CEST 2007

This is not about romance with sequences.

I just note that all current sequences have a creation date, but this is not true for many earlier sequences.

Since I am a long-time contributor, I am occasionally asked about sequences I created long ago, and sometimes I have to guess on the year.

The A-numbers establish an approximate timeline, in that for the most part they order sequences in time. Would it be possible, by taxing our memories, to establish an approximate timeline for sequences over the past few years, to within, say, the year? It would be useful sometimes.