Smallest number at distance 3n from nearest prime.

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 18:47:59 CEST 2007

Thank you, Dean. I stand corrected on several points.

The corrected 2nd formula, verbally, becomes:
"Largest number less than OR EQUAL TO the mean of the smallest prime
gap of size at least 6n.

By "n-th row of the table" I mean the k-th row, i.e.
"Smallest number at distance k*n from nearest prime."

It might be a good comment or edit for A051728, as you say: "it
appears that 'nearest prime' means the nearest prime other than the
number itself."  In teaching Astronomy, I recall the confusion among
students as to the meaning of "the nearest star to earth" where some
did and some did not understand the Sun to be included in the
description.

Memo to self = apology to seqfans: don't do Math in unairconditioned
house at peak of serious heat wave (it was 107 F and humid at the time
I emailed this one). Not long after, I shut down PCs to avoid the
expected 9and then occurring) brownouts of power.  Some people lost
electricty for days. More than 10 people in southern california died
in that heat wave which broke today.