Isolated & Non-Isolated Divisors (or whatever they are called)

Alexander Povolotsky apovolot at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 02:25:34 CEST 2007

Two observations/conjectures (using this terminology)
It appears to me that :

1) unless the number "n" itself is 2, the largest positive divisor of n
(which is n itself)
   will be always an "isolated divisor".

2)
a) for any odd n - if "non-isolated divisors" exist, then for every two
"adjacent"
   "non-isolated divisors" - at least one (of the two) is not a prime
factor.
b) for any even n - same as stated in a) except for n=2
(I am assuming that 2 is the prime number)

Alexander Povolotsky