A137316 (group automorphisms)

Benoît Jubin benoit.jubin at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 05:43:47 CEST 2008

Dear SeqFans,

I have recently contributed the sequence A137316 giving the number of
automorphisms of finite groups (up to order 15; it would be nice to
have it up to order 31). Those numbers were already in the OEIS,
scattered in sequences giving the number of automorphisms of several
families of groups (cyclic, symmetric, alternating, dihedral...; they
are listed as crossrefs in A137316).

As far as I know, there is no sequence yet giving the number of
automorphisms of the dicyclic (or binary dihedral) group of order 4n,
and its subsequence consisting of indices a power of 2, corresponding
to the generalized quaternion groups. Do you think they are worth
adding ?

Also, do you think it is worth doing the same thing with the numbers
of endomorphisms, inner/outer automorphisms, (normal) subgroups ?

Sincerely,
Benoit Jubin
[my oeis page: http://math.berkeley.edu/~jubin/oeis.html ]