lost submissions to OEIS

Leroy Quet q1qq2qqq3qqqq at yahoo.com
Sat Apr 26 16:36:13 CEST 2008

I have a suspicion that sometimes even when we
get the automated reply that you don't get the
sequence or comment.

Right now I am just assuming that it is taking a
real long time for you (Neil) to get around to
processing the comments and sequences, since you
have MANY emails to process.

But are sequences likely getting through to you
if we DO get the automated reply? I know we can
never be certain. But have you gotten any
complaints of missing sequences or comments from
those who did get the reply?

Thanks,
Leroy Quet

--- "N. J. A. Sloane" <njas at research.att.com>
wrote:

> Dear Friends,
> It seems that sequences and comments are still
> being lost.
>
> Richard Mathar said on Apr 20 that:
>
> I've submitted this as follows (didn't get an
> e-mail acknowledgment, though):

> This never reached me!  It is not in the queue,
> and it is not in the OEIS.
>
> If you don't get the automatic acknowledgement,
> then probably
> the submission never reached me.
>
> If you don't get the automatic acknowledgement,
> send me
> the sequence or comment by direct email!
>
> When you fill out the web page, this is on our
> external machine.
> To get the message through the firewall, I use
> email to myself,
> with a copy to you.  So if that email fails, I
> will not see the message.
>
> If you find this happening, please send me
> email giving the
> time and day when it happened, so I can get the
> people here
> to track down what happened.  I have already
> reported this several
> times, but it still keeps happening.
>
> In summary: if you don't get the
> acknowledgment, send me the