questions on A118960, primes as partitions of 2+1/2

Richard Mathar mathar at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Aug 8 17:05:21 CEST 2008

The only way I can reconcile the values with anything else is to assume
that the "+ 1/2" in the formula is not supposed to be there.  Then,
that
the sequence was entered as decimal fractions, with the decimal point
dropped: 1, 1.5, 2.5, ....  This would make it a duplicate of A001750,
except for the initial term and incorrect offset.

Needless to say, this is not consistent with the standards for the OEIS.

Unless someone can provide a better explanation for this sequence, I
would recommend deleting it.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters