Does then NO "n" exist, such that ( n! + prime(n) ) yields integral m^k where k>1 ?

Alexander Povolotsky apovolot at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 01:46:26 CEST 2008

Does then NO "n" exist, such that
 ( n! + prime(n) )
yields integral m^k
 where k>1 ?

 From : berend daniel <berend at cs.bgu.ac.il>
To : David Harden <oddleehr at alum.mit.edu>, pevnev at juno.com
Subject : Re:
Does any "n" exist, such that ( n! + prime(n) ) yields integral square ?
Date : Mon, Aug 11, 2008 03:21 AM

You don't need the bounds on quadratic non-residues.
Once you you know that all primes up to n are quadratic residues,
so are all numbers up to p_n, all of whose prime divisors do not exceed n.
This mean that most integers up to p_n are quadratic residues.
But only half of them are.
 Contradiction.

Best,
Dani