[seqfan] Re: Binary Palindrome Subsequences

Max Alekseyev maxale at gmail.com
Mon Dec 15 21:01:33 CET 2008

There may be ambiguity whether "substring" refers to just a string
appearing as a substring in the given string, or to a string *and its
position* inside the given string.
According to the latter definition, any string of length n contains
exactly n*(n+1)/2 distinct non-empty substrings; while according to
the former definition, the number of distinct substrings depends on
the given string.

Regards,
Max