[seqfan] vampire numbers

Tanya Khovanova mathoflove-seqfan at yahoo.com
Thu Dec 25 20:18:30 CET 2008

Hello SeqFans,

I just wrote an essay about problems with names for vampire numbers:
http://blog.tanyakhovanova.com/?p=89

I suggest renaming the corresponding sequences. For example we might
want to name:
A080718 Numbers n such that all the digits of the prime factors of n
exactly match the digits of n.
--- prime-fanged vampire numbers.

A014575 Vampire numbers (numbers having more than one pair of fangs are
listed once for each pair).
--- double symmetrical fangs vampire numbers.

A020342 Vampire numbers: n has a factorization using n's digits (e.g.
1395 = 31*9*5).
--- we might keep the name or call them generalized vampire numbers.

I didn't check if all the sequences I mention in my essay are in the
OEIS. I would like to clean the naming conventions first, then someone
can add more sequences if desired.

Best, Tanya