[seqfan] Re: Two-fold symmetry sequence

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Mon Dec 29 22:12:52 CET 2008

First of all, these are called "polyominoes".  "Shape" is a far
more general term; it would include, for example, squares
joined only at a corner.

 From your web site, it appears that you are looking only for
2-fold rotational symmetry.  2-fold symmetry includes also
reflective symmetries, such as are possessed by

OO

and

OOO

amongst others.

The number of polyominoes with reflective symmetry is A030227.
I don't think your sequence is in the database, although I'm not
entirely certain.

Franklin T. Adams-Watters