[seqfan] Re: You wouldn't believe (fwd) A005178

David Wilson dwilson at gambitcomm.com
Tue Dec 30 19:25:53 CET 2008

We could conceivably add OEIS sequence "period of {r(n) mod n}" for any
linear recurrence r. So far, it has not been done for very many
sequences. For instance, r = A000045 gives A001176. But other basic
recurrences as r = A000129 and r = A001608 have not yet been done.

It would be easy to overdo this, so in the name of clutter control
(probably a lost cause), it is best to consider only very interesting
recurrences r. Why is r = A005178 particularly interesting?