Two sequences with sod: more terms?

Richard Mathar mathar at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Sun Feb 10 16:57:40 CET 2008

Thanks, Richard.
You wrote:
> No further term up to 1.8*10^8 .

Additionally,
only two terms: 4,7 are known
(to me yet)
with sod(n^3)=10.
Can you (or someone) find more terms?
thanks, zak

Be a better friend, newshound, and

zak seidov <zakseidov at yahoo.com> wrote:
:%N A000001 Numbers n such that sod(n^2}=10. Multiples
:of 10 are omitted.
[...]
:%N A000001 Numbers n such that n and n^2 have the same
:sod=10. Multiples of 10 are omitted.

I hope you'll add an explanation of "sod" as well - my initial guess
was "sum of divisors", but that clearly isn't what is intended here.
None of mathworld, planetmath or wikipedia illuminate.

It isn't until I search on OEIS itself that I find "sum of digits".
For the few extra letters required, I'd suggest spelling it out.
I found that OEIS has 45 matches for "sod", of which some have a comment
explaining the term, but not all. I didn't check whether they all
use it to mean the same thing.

Note also that in British and Australian English "sod" has a pejorative
not for a moment suggest replacing it for that reason, but others might.

Hugo