Self Power Numbers - Unfinished business!

Maximilian Hasler maximilian.hasler at gmail.com
Sat Feb 2 19:55:51 CET 2008

On Feb 2, 2008 10:23 PM, Alexander Povolotsky <apovolot at gmail.com> wrote:
> Will one end this at single digit (power = 9) or alternatively instead seek
> multi-consecutive-digit power presentations: such as power of  10, etc. ?

You are right, to any SPN one can always append or prepend any digit
which is already present. So the definition would be more interesting
if this would be forbidden,
or at least, one could consider "primitive SPN's" which are those for
which the property is no more verified if the leading or trailing
digit is removed.
(since this will in many cases still allow insertion of an arbitrary
number of digits already present, maybe it would be better to change
this to : ... for which no duplicate digit can be removed without
destroying the property).

Maximilian

Frank Ryan (American football)
 From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Frank Ryan
Position(s):
Quarterback 	Jersey #(s):13
Flag of Texas Fort Worth, Texas
Career Information
Year(s): 1958-1970
NFL Draft: 1958 / Round: 5 / Pick: 55
Professional Teams

Career Stats
TD-INT   	  149-111
Yards   	  16,042
QB Rating   	  77.6
Stats at NFL.com
Career Highlights and Awards

Frank Beall Ryan, Ph.D. (born July 12, 1936 in Fort Worth, Texas) is a
retired American football quarterback in the National Football League who
played for the Los Angeles Rams (1958-1961), Cleveland Browns (1962-1968)
and Washington Redskins (1969-1970). Although he led the Browns to their
last National Football League title in 1964, Ryan is best remembered for
being perhaps the only Ph.D. in mathematics to play in the league,
graduation from Rice University (1965) on the dissertation A
Characterization of the Set of Asymptotic Values of a Function Holomorphic
in the Unit Disc, advised by Gerald Mac Lane.[1]
Contents