Common and uncommon numbers

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 18:22:28 CET 2008

8795 = 5 * 1759
9935 = 5 * 1957

so both of the rare numbers are semiprimes of the form 5*p.

1759 is a common sequence element, seen 206 times; so is 1957,
occurring 182 times.

I am not sure if there is a sequence that has them both, and it might
be artificial to construct one.

But thanks, Zak Sedov and Tony Noe, for the glimpse of (per the 125th
anniversary issue of Nature some years ago): "the frontiers of
ignorance."