New Sequence from wrong Comment in A083088

pauldhanna at juno.com pauldhanna at juno.com
Sat Jan 5 04:26:00 CET 2008

Dear Rainer (and Seqfans),

> One last point: A097682 uses sqrt(2) in the Digamma-context
> and I am a bit uneasy about this after the "near miss" in
> A083088. Is A097682 waterproof?

You can be sure that A097682 is air-tight.  It is a proven result
of Benoit Cloitre's beautiful generalized Euler-Gauss formula
for the Gamma function, which uses Gauss's Digamma Theorem
(described at: http://mathworld.wolfram.com/GausssDigammaTheorem.html)
to complete an infinite array of constants involving Pi, e, Euler gamma,

as well as square-roots of integers including the golden ratio.
A097682 involves row 8 of this array.

The link given in A097682 is broken, but I can email the paper
off-list for anyone interested.  It is a truly beautiful result.
Working with Benoit on that project was one of my most exciting
works of collaboration made possible thru the OEIS.

> As soon as my new sequence will show up in the OEIS
> it would be nice to cancel the wrong comment in A083088.
> This would be best done by Paul himself, I think.

Should the comment be moved to your new sequence?

Regards,
     Paul