known (coincidental ?) artifact ?

Alexander Povolotsky apovolot at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 20:27:45 CET 2008

Thanks for the reply,  Franklin,

Could you also explain why the pattern (at least up to n=60) keeps steadily
alternating between 4 terms and 6 terms in the each two consecutive groups,
with the difference remaining the same within each such 4-term or
6-term group (while during the switch from the 4-group to the 6-group and
then back to the next 4-group, etc. the difference is getting bumped by 1)
?
How you explain the fact that the sum of number of terms for each two
consecutive groups is  4+ 6= 10 ?

Note that if the pattern indeed could be described as discuseed in the
predictable manner,
then one could resolve the iteration and derive the following formula (non
trivial identity ?)

n = (floor(n*n/10)+10 - someFunction(n) ) /2

Thanks,
Alexander R. Povolotsky