need a function

Brendan McKay bdm at cs.anu.edu.au
Sat Jun 14 11:28:44 CEST 2008

Sorry Max, but I want a *formula*.  No tables to look up.  "Simple" is
not defined, but we will know it when we see it.

Andrew Weimholt just posted a formula (thanks Andrew!) but probably
we can make it simpler.

If table-lookup is allowed, it would be hard to do better than this:

int xyz[] = {0, 1, 26, 2, 23, 27, 0, 3, 16, 24, 30, 28, 11, 0, 13, 4,
 7, 17, 0, 25, 22, 31, 15, 29, 10, 12, 6, 0, 21, 14, 9, 5, 20, 8, 19, 18};
answer := xyz[n%37];

Brendan.

* Max Alekseyev <maxale at gmail.com> [080614 17:54]: