seq: Sum of base 26 values of the English name of n

franktaw at netscape.net franktaw at netscape.net
Mon Jun 30 01:52:43 CEST 2008

That web site, and your posting, are the only places I've ever seen the
assignment of values A=1, ..., Y=25, Z=0.  On the other hand, I've
seen A=1, ..., Z=26 fairly often.

The web site is indeed doing an assignment for base 26, but if you're
just summing the letter values, you really aren't doing base 26 any
more.  Actually, I would do base 27, with blank or underscore for zero,
rather than what they are doing.

As for the original sequence -- yes, I would say to submit it (changing
Z to 26 instead of 0).  Call it something like "Sum of the letter
values
of the English name of n".

-----
I think you mean base 36, not base 32.