A138479

Lallouet philip.lallouet at orange.fr
Wed Mar 26 16:49:20 CET 2008

To attention of Robert G Wilson v.

Dear Robert

I send you this message through seqfans as those sent directly to your address rgwv at rgwv.com are systematically returned undelivered, I don't know why.

I thank you to have taken some of your time to look to my sequence A138479

But I am astonished of your reaction to its publication.

Indeed after verifications , I don't find any error.

11=2+3^2      hence a(1) =3
13=4 +3^2     hence a(2)=3
31=6+5^2      hence a(3)=5
17=8+3^2      hence a(4)=3
19=10+3^2    hence a(5)=3
37=12+5^2    hence  a(6)=5
23=14+3^2    hence a(7)=3
41=16+5^2    hence a(8)=5
43=18+5^2    henec a(9)=5
29=20+3^2    hence a(10)=3
31=22+3^2    hence a(11)=3
73=24+7^2    hence a(12)=7
I did'nt  find any solution for n=13 for any 2*n+p^2 less than 10^6, which
explains my conjecture.
I think you have not paid attention to the difference between the definitions of the two sequences.For my sequence  2*n
=difference between a prime and a SQUARE of another prime) and for A0204483 , 2*n=difference between two primes)
As I was not sure of the interest of my sequence, I first consulted Seqfans
and I received a reply from Richar MATHAR, who pointed the similitude but
not identity with other already published sequences, which encouraged me to
submit it to EOIS, but in another form. You will find these two messages
here joined, with also my complete definitive submission.
As you can see my  publication has been controlled , I don't know by whom,and partly cut.
It has not been changed for the 12th first published terms. But  my conjecture  has
been reduced only to the first value of the index  (13) for which no
solution had been found. and  the possible band between all the greater voids in  my
sequence (13,28,34,43,55,58,67,73,76,88,97, , , , , ) and the sequence
A059324 has disappeared . It was only a conjecture that my level in
mathematics is not sufficient to prove , but I thought that this problem
was the most interesting part in my publication and one of the reasons of my call
for help to seqfans.
Anyway if senior mathematicians think differently, I am too old to die if
the sequence is eliminated.
I should be happy however to read your eventual comments after having read
these precisions.
Best regards
Philippe LALLOUET

A copy has been sent to Neil Sloane and has not been returned.