trouble with lookups, and a temporary fix!

N. J. A. Sloane njas at research.att.com
Thu Mar 6 00:32:36 CET 2008

Neil,
just a comment (you are certainly aware of, but I just wonder about
the title of the sequence that would hold these numbers): the authors
themselves point out that
"Although the numbers looked for are necessarily quite large, it is
very unlikely that our 36-digit example given here is the smallest
one."

Maximilian

On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 6:28 PM, Max Alekseyev <maxale at gmail.com> wrote:
> Neil,
>
>  Table 2 is attached to this mail.
>  Please double check it as it was produced by Tesseract OCR.
>
>  Regards,
>  Max
>

>  On Wed, Mar 5, 2008 at 1:46 PM, N. J. A. Sloane <njas at research.att.com> wrote:
>  >
>  >  Could some sequence fan with access to JSTOR kindly
>  >  submit a sequence from the paper
>  >
>  >
>  >  MR0929559 (89c:11015) Battiato, S.; Borho, W. Are there odd amicable numbers not divisible by three? Math. Comp. 50 (1988), no. 182, 633--637. (Reviewer: F. T. Howard) 11A51
>  >
>  >  (so the journal is Mathematics of Computation)
>  >
>  >  The sequence is in Table 2.  Well, there are really
>  >  two sequences, the lower member of each amicable pair
>  >  and the upper member.
>  >
>  >  The numbers are very large, which
>  >  is why i don't want to type them!
>  >
>  >  If you can help, please post a note here
>  >
>  >  Thanks!
>  >
>  >  Neil
>  >
>  >

Maximilian,
You said:

themselves point out that
"Although the numbers looked for are necessarily quite large, it is
very unlikely that our 36-digit example given here is the smallest
one."

a sequence for the OEIS.

Thanks for the warning