A085562(n) + A085563(n) = A007953(n)

Jonathan Post jvospost3 at gmail.com
Sun May 4 03:08:20 CEST 2008

Because njas is working through a vast inventory of submitted
comments, I'm subkitting this to OEIS now, but mentioning it here to
see if people have interesting generalizations of some "base"
sequences.

A085563  Sum of the prime digits of n.
A085562  Sum of the nonprime digits of n.
A018252  The nonprime numbers (1 together with the composite numbers
of A002808).
A007953  Digital sum (i.e. sum of digits) of n.

Hence, obviously, yet not previously mentioned in these sequences:
A085562(n) + A085563(n) = A007953(n).

This comment might be made in A085562, A005563, and A007953.  I agree
that this is all "base" and so I'm not going to submit the analogues
in bases other than 10, which I'd consider "less" interesting.  But
comments that link two or three existing sequences seem valid to me.